Please welcome Makeup Artist and Beauty Expert Kirsten Brusse! Not only have I seen Kirsten at work, but I was also an attendee of one of her popular beauty bootcamps. She knows a thing or two about beauty, and she shares them over at her blog each day at thedailybeautyblotter.com
Kirsten Brusse is a beauty expert and professionally licensed makeup artist with over 17 years experience in the industry. Her career in the field began working for such companies as Trish McEvoy, Bobbi Brown, Chanel and Stila as their makeup artist. She has an extensive portfolio of weddings, magazine, runway and television work. Her artistry and advice have been published on The Knot, Style Me Pretty,The Providence Journal and Rhode Island PBS, among others. She was part of the makeup team at StyleWeek NorthEast 2013 and is a regular contributor to WPRI’s The Rhode Show. Most recently, Kirsten has started a beauty and lifestyle blog,thedailybeautyblotter.com, in an effort to make her knowledge and expertise accessible to everyone in a fun and approachable way. Additionally, Kirsten teaches classes, seminars and workshops that focus on each woman’s unique beauty and a “less is more” approach to makeup application. It is her passion to help women look and feel beautiful. “When you look good on the outside, you feel confident on the inside”. Her philosophy on makeup is that it should be fun and non-intimidating. It is makeup after all! Kirsten makes her home in Providence, RI with her husband and her two boys.
Kirsten, Brides want to know: Can you share your best tips for glowing skin on my wedding day?
1. First and foremost, take care of your skin. Your makeup only looks as good as the canvas it is applied upon. Take your makeup off every night and moisturize. Wear sunscreen of at least SPF 30 every single day.
2. Everyone over 25 should also wear an eye cream daily.
3. Hydrate. Drink plenty of water.
4. Eat healthy foods. Some superfoods that are great for your skin are: salmon, blueberries, spinach and chia seeds, which can be mixed into a smoothie.
5. Get plenty of rest.
6. If you can, get regular facials for up to a year leading up to your wedding day. If not, do an at home mask specifically designed for your skin type about once a week.
7. Don’t experiment with new skin care or try anything new, like waxing, a week or two before your wedding!
Brides want to know: Are there new trends in 2014? Nail colors, lipsticks, smokey eye or not?
There are always trends, but for a bride it is important to stay on the classic side and be conservative when it comes to trends. You want to look at your pics in 10, or 20 years and still LOVE them! Choose one trend that fits your personality and incorporate it into your look. Again, this is probably NOT the day to try something new you have never tried before. You wan tot o look like the best version of yourself on your wedding day and you want your groom and your loved ones to recognize you.
Brides want to know: When is the best time to book makeup for myself and Bridesmaids?
Good makeup artists book over a year in advance, especially during the wedding season ( May-October). If you know there is someone you love and want to work with, book them asap to avoid any disappointments!
Thank you, Kirsten!
You can find Kirsten here: