If you’re a small business owner or entrepreneur, you know that standing out and cutting through the noise of today’s online space is no easy task.
So, how can you make sure your business stands out?
One powerful way to do just that is with the help of brand photography.
Your brand photos are SO much more than pretty pictures.
They are an essential tool for connecting with your ideal clients, telling your brand’s story, and differentiating your business.
In this blog, I’m sharing five reasons why brand photos can help your small business stand out so your unique voice isn’t lost in a sea of noise.
Alright, let’s dive in!
1. I’m sure you’ve heard the saying “A picture is worth a thousand words.” And we could say your brand photos are worth a thousand words. Studies show that people are more likely to remember and engage with visual content rather than text alone. Which makes brand photos a must-have for any small business.
Your brand photography should tell your brand’s story in a creative way – showing off the unique personality of your business.
The key here is to use your photos along with your copy, the content, and the words that you share to connect to the story.
When I’m working with brand photography clients, I think about what story can they tell with the photos that we create.
2. Connect with your target audience. Your photos should reflect the person behind your brand, as well as your values and mission. You can show potential customers how you help them, who you are, what makes you unique, and why they should say yes to working with you.
Take them on a journey, and show them how they’ll feel when they work with you.
You can do this by using photos that show off what makes you different – like behind-the-scenes glimpses of the work you do, the way you serve your clients, special touchpoints, or a look at how you do what you do.
3. Let your photos speak to the aspirational identity of your dream clients. What does your ideal client want? By aligning your brand photos with what they want, you can create a connection with them. You’re telling a story that leaves an impression about what they aspire to.
Realtors often advise clients who are selling their homes to depersonalize them to help them sell faster.
Because when a potential buyer walks through the home, you want them to envision themselves living there.
The buyer wants to be able to see themselves living there, cooking dinner in the kitchen, playing games in the family room, or sitting in front of the fireplace reading a book.
You might not be selling a home, but if you’re a small business owner knowing your client’s aspirational identity also helps you to connect with want they want.
Do they want better health, more time to spend with their family and friends, or more spaciousness in their business?
Your brand photos are a great way to speak to what your ideal clients want.
If you’re an interior designer, for example, a photo of you adding final touches to a space, fluffing a pillow, or in a beautifully designed room can help potential clients see the space they want.
If you have a health and wellness brand, a photo of you outside on a walk or run or standing on the top of a hill with your hands in the air, or making a healthy breakfast or lunch can help your target audience see themselves and what they aspire to.
4. Set yourself apart. Brand images that truly tell the story of YOUR business so it can’t be missed or confused with anyone else’s – now THAT’S power and how you set yourself apart! You don’t just have to blend in, but instead stand out from everyone else when you share what makes YOU completely unique through visuals.
And by using consistent brand photos on your website, social media channels, and other marketing materials, you can increase your brand awareness, and create a strong online presence that builds your know, like, trust factor.
In order to have consistent images, I believe it’s important to work with a brand photographer who can create images that are on-brand. This way, you’ll ensure that all of your photos have the same look and feel, so they work together to create a cohesive brand identity that stops the scroll.
5. Your brand photos can be used in all of your marketing. Social media, speaking events, graphics, lead generators, sales pages, covers for IG Reels, videos, YouTube, email signature, online profiles, ads, your website, printed brochures and business cards are all areas in your marketing that you can use brand imagery.
Take a quick inventory of the ways you market your business, and make note of where you can immediately start using brand photos to amplify your marketing and your messaging.
Two brand photoshoots a year could keep you stocked up on your own personal brand photos, giving you a never-ending supply of ways to stand out and show up, authentically and professionally, online.
Whether you run your small business online or off, showing up powerfully online is a non-negotiable for business growth. Build a relationship with a local branding photographer, and set up a minimum of one-two shoots per year. In doing so, you will keep your online presence powerfully stocked with images that stand out and connect.
If you are in the surrounding Metrowest Boston area and need a brand photographer who understands how to perfectly capture the essence of your brand in photos, I’d love to chat. Fill out this form to schedule a consultation to get started.
5 Reasons Why Brand Photos Can Help Your Small Business Stand Out
VIEW THE COMMENTS