Today, I’m sharing 5 things I’m doing in the off season as I’m currently looking at another batch of snow falling outside my office window that is much prettier than my desk right now which is filled with my camera, a tasty Starbucks strawberry green tea, Powersheets, planner, papers, and my favorite pens.
I’m doing important stuff and those are all the necessary items for doing important stuff.
Often I’m asked, what do I do in the off season when there is snow falling outside and beautiful weddings aren’t filling my weekends.
Although it may seem that there’s not much for me to do, trust me, there is SO much that happens during the off-season that makes the wedding season run as smooth as possible. Today, I’m sharing 5 things I’m doing in the off season.
5 Things I’m doing in the off season
1. Preparing for taxes. Not my favorite thing in the world to do, but it’s kinda necessary. I’m so thankful to have a wonderful bookkeeper to keep me on my toes. This has been my most prepared, although not perfect, year for having everything ready to go to our accountant.
2. Goals. January 1st isn’t a magical number where all the things align to create the perfect new year’s resolution list. I said, bye-bye-bye, to new year resolutions a few years ago and I haven’t looked back. Instead of writing a list of not-so-thought-out-resolutions, I dive deep into thoughtful goal setting. That all happens with my Powersheets. They have been an excellent tool for goal planning, setting action steps, and creating monthly next steps. They really help me to focus and set goals for what matters most in my business and personal life.
3. Updating/Reviewing Systems. Efficient systems are incredibly important as a business owner. During this off-season, I’m reviewing my client management system, and I’m also reviewing systems for keeping things balanced with work and home. I want all of my clients to have an amazing experience working with me, and that takes some thought. Work/life balance is always being reviewed as changes can be necessary as seasons of life change. Specifically, I’m testing out cooking and freezing meals in advance to help ease nightly meal planning.
4. Shooting a.k.a. Photographing. Personal projects have kept me shooting before during the off-season, but this season, I am thrilled to be photographing Women’s Portraits and Personal Branding at the studio. Not only do I get to photograph amazing women and the people that love them, I also get to keep shooting, making pictures, telling stories, enhancing the brands of other business owners, and meeting beautiful people.
5. Having FUN. I will tell you the whole story about this later, but for now, just know that this girl is adding more fun to her life this year. Fun with my favorite people, and a whole lot of self-care. Tonight, I’m going SALSA dancing – YES!!
That’s it! Those are 5 things that I’m doing in the off season. Perhaps, I should have said 5 of the 105 things I’m doing in the off-season.
I love what I get to do! I have the best job in the world!
Hope you’re having a fabulous Tuesday!