Image does matter, and first impressions can’t be undone.
Whether that’s right or wrong is actually irrelevant, because at the end of the day – if you want to scale a profitable business, you need to take your online presence seriously.
Far too many business owners don’t have nearly as many beautifully branded photos as they need. They use the same old, tired images, and they grab what they can with their iPhone.
iPhone photos are great fillers, but they don’t replace quarterly branding sessions.
If you’re a business owner or entrepreneur, you know that building a business is not an easy feat. There are tons of things to juggle, and sometimes making the time necessary for branding shoots can be quite the challenge. But, it’s 100% necessary in today’s world.
Don’t believe me?
Here are five reasons why you need personal brand photos.
- Build your know, like, trust factor. When it comes to building your know, like, trust factor your photos matter. Specifically photos of YOU. Gone are the days of hiding behind our work. People want to see who you are. They want to see the face behind the brand. They want to see some personality and relatability. They want to be able to envision themselves working with you. Your brand photos, when taken by a professional that understands branding, can help you immediately connect with your ideal clients.
- You have less than 8 seconds. Attention spans are short, and you have less than 8 seconds to grab that attention when someone lands on your website. If you don’t immediately make a good impression, they will hop off that website faster than Rachel Hollis can sell out a room. You want your personality to shine through your photos, and you want it to shine through immediately.
- Connect with your dream client. The right photos will immediately connect with your ideal client and should repel those who aren’t. Do you work with high-level executives? Then a high-end, professional photoshoot is in order. Is your brand polished, sophisticated, and classic? Is it relaxed and chic? Whatever the feel of your brand is, you want photos that represent that, so your dream clients are attracted to you. Take them on a journey, show them how they’ll feel when they work you, use your photos to fully represent your brand message, so your ideal clients know you care for them.
- Set yourself apart. Raise your hand if the industry you’re in is oversaturated. One of the best ways to set yourself apart is through your own personal branding photos. Photos that are able to tell your brand’s story and represent your brand message will cut through the noise, and put you in a class of ONE. Although you might be in an oversaturated market, you are what’s COMPLETELY unique about your business. Sharing your brand story through photos of you is both powerful and impactful.
- Showing up online. You want to be where your dream clients are hanging out. You want to show up consistently and be able to engage with them. Yes, quotes are awesome. Encouraging words and inspiration are also part of my brand, but let’s face it quotes are everywhere. Consistent brand photoshoots that keep you stocked up on your own personal brand photos, give you a never-ending supply of ways to show up, authentically and professionally, online.
Whether you run your business online or off, showing up powerfully online is a non-negotiable for business growth. Build a relationship with a local branding photographer, and set up a minimum of quarterly shoots. In doing so, you will keep your online presence powerfully stocked with images that connect.
If you are in the surrounding Metrowest Boston area and need a brand photographer who understands how to perfectly capture the essence of your brand in photos that stop the scroll, I’d love to chat. Click here to get in touch with me.