For weeks, I tuned in to Undercover Billionaire. It’s a show where an already successful billionaire business owner/entrepreneur volunteers to go undercover in an unfamiliar U.S. city with only $100, a cell phone, and an old truck.
They have 90 days to build a business with a million-dollar valuation, and if they fail by even one penny, they have to invest one million dollars of their own money into that business.
They have no reputation to build on. They’re starting from scratch—no contacts, no name, and a new identity.
In Season 2, we meet Monique Idlett-Mosley (founder of Reign Venture Capital) and see her brilliantly build a brand new health and wellness business in Tacoma, WA.
The thing that stands out to me most is Monique’s understanding of the importance of building a brand.
Even though she’s starting from nothing, she builds a trusted brand with a mission that invites the community to be a part of it.
How does she do that in 90 days?
- She consistently shares her mission with every potential investor and contact
- She makes sure that each element of the brand is connected and built with intention, strategy, and purpose. That means client experience, brand story, values, visual brand identity, marketing—all of these clearly restate her mission.
Why is it so important to build your brand as an entrepreneur?
Just like Monique, you may be starting your business from scratch or you might be in your 5th year of business and you’re ready to elevate your brand to stand out in your market and make a greater impact.
You might be familiar with this timeless and true quote: “People do business with and refer business to people they know, like, and trust.” – Bob Burg
The goal isn’t just to have a visually beautiful brand. You want to build a brand that is trusted, connected, and aligned. For Monique, that meant tying every aspect of the client experience to a mission that invited the community to be a part of it. Her investors shared her vision that the community of Tacoma, WA needed health and wellness, and they trusted Monique’s expertise to deliver on that vision.
How will people KNOW your brand?
It’s going to take more than your logo. Personal connection, whether it be through video, in photos, or in person, is key. If you want to grow your business, you’ve got to show up to build your brand.
Here are some ways you can connect with your audience to make your brand known:
- Connect with them through conversation
- Share transformation testimonials
- Create a brand experience that precedes you
- Showcase your personality
- Share your brand values and mission
- Take your audience behind the scenes to experience your brand
- Don’t let it stop online… Get out and network
- Use a brand photographer so that you can share cohesive photos that represent you and your mission
How will people LIKE your brand?
When you share your brand’s mission in the form of a brand story that positions the client as the hero, you create likeability. Your ideal client will be able to see themselves in the story and they will want to be a part of it.
How will people TRUST your brand?
You have to set yourself up as the expert by knowing your ideal clients inside and out. Get to know them so well that you can anticipate their problems before they’ve even said them out loud. When you can articulate how your product or service solves those problems, you’ll earn their trust.
You can do this by:
- Sharing content that serves and adds value (check out this plan I created to help you go live on social media)
- Showing your face through fresh photos of yourself
- Trusting in your products and services to solve your client’s problems and transform their lives
- Asking questions and responding
- Collaborating with other respected, complimentary brands that will add value to your community (think guest blogs, podcast interviews, IG live interviews, etc.)
- Delivering a repeatable client experience
When you serve your clients well, they will refer you to others for the problem you solve, the transformation you provide, and the experience you deliver. That’s how trust works in a business.
What is the value of building a brand?
When all of the elements of your brand are aligned and connected, you solve your ideal client’s problems and deliver a repeatable experience, your brand reputation should precede you.
The benefits of building a trusted brand?
- You will attract your dream clients.
- Your business will grow.
- Your business will be referred.
- Your business will be top of mind.
Ready to transform your brand? Book a free 30-minute strategy call here! (I have a few slots available next week). We can take a look at where you are now, where you want to be, and three actions you can take to start moving toward your mission.
Why Building Your Brand is Important
VIEW THE COMMENTS