Before we dive in, let’s play a game: Name that HGTV show! Here are a few hints to get you started:
- This show is all about helping homeowners who have a dream to live in a nice neighborhood with great schools, so they can raise their family in a wonderful location… BUT they don’t have a large budget to put into that nice neighborhood.
- The purpose of this show is that the hosts help families find a home in the right location, within their budget. Then, they create a plan to fix it up and turn it into the family’s dream home.
Any guesses?? If you said Fixer Upper, you’re correct!
The hosts of HGTV’s Fixer Upper, Chip & Joanna Gaines, have a very clear approach to solving their ideal client’s problems. It’s not just that they renovate houses—they fix up specific types of houses, for specific types of families, to create a very specific solution.
We understand, through their messaging, marketing, and mission, exactly who they are, what they stand for, and how they can help.
Sure, their brand is beautiful. They have a gorgeous logo and pretty colors. But it’s about much more than that.
Their brand is about family. It’s about simple luxury, personal touches, and creating a wholesome, beautiful environment on any budget.
Can you say your brand is just as clear as theirs??
Fixer Upper Is a Great Example Of The Fact That Brands Exist To Solve Problems For Their Clients. Period.
Like Chip & Joanna, your job is to communicate exactly how you can help your client, and then take them through an amazing transformation.
Your ideal clients want something. They’re looking for a change or a solution, and they need someone to help get them there. Building a brand is all about making it crystal clear exactly why YOU are the right choice for YOUR clients.
What Problem Do You Solve?
Knowing what problem your brand solves is the one thing to make your brand stand out.
One of the core frameworks I take clients through in my Ignite Your Brand Mastermind is getting clear on the problem they solve, clarifying their brand message, and creating their brand’s story. I help them position their clients as the hero, and their brand as the guide.
In his best-selling book Building a Storybrand, Donald Miller says, “If you confuse, you lose.” This is one of my favorite branding-related quotes. Your ideal client needs to be able to visit your website, landing page, etc. and immediately understand exactly how you can help them.
Figuring out what problem you solve is a seemingly small step that is absolutely crucial when it comes to creating content that’s clear, not confusing.
Going back to our HGTV example, Chip & Joanna have made it very clear exactly what problem they solve. We get teary-eyed seeing their big reveals, because we understand that they’ve given these families more than just a pretty house—they’ve turned a dream that seemed impossible into a reality.
What To Do After You’ve Figured Out What Problem You Solve
Once you’ve identified exactly how you can help your ideal client, the next step is to get clear on your brand’s message and story. Why are you in this business? Why is the transformation you provide so important? What are your values?
Drill down on your story and WHY you solve the problem you solve. Repeat these elements again and again in your marketing. Walking through this process is crucial.
As a BMS Coach, my clients are coached through how to do this using the proven StoryBrand Framework. This framework teaches you exactly how to create brand messages for social media content, blog posts, podcasts, marketing messages, your website, and much more. By following it, my coaching clients are able to clearly communicate exactly what they do, who they help, and why—so they can market their offers with confidence & consistently grow their business.
Want Help Clarifying Your Message & Improving Your Marketing?
The doors to the Ignite Your Brand & Business Mastermind are opened. If you’re ready to create an aligned brand and business that gets results, I’m here to help! Inside my Mastermind Coaching Program, you’ll get:
- A brand marketing strategy that aligns with YOUR mission and YOUR goals—this isn’t some generic, one-size-fits-all approach!
- A repeatable framework that you can use month after to month to set up your branding marketing strategy & continuously get results
- A complete client-attracting system, so you can bring in more high-quality leads, more consistently, with less effort
- 1:1 accountability, so you’ll never feel like you’re falling behind or losing steam
- The confidence you need to stand out in your market & attract your dream clients
This high-touch program provides comprehensive marketing, branding, and business strategy support—so you can get the support & resources needed to grow your business, all in one effective program. Apply here today to secure your spot!